Building a GODLY comp, come tell me what's wrong with it! - Page 4 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Overclocking and Modding
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 06-22-2004, 02:01 PM   #31 (permalink)
Ultra Techie
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 754
Send a message via AIM to slvrstang
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by str8lazy
AMD has Hyper-Transport, its the same exact thing as Hyper-Threading
No Hyper-transport is NOT hyper-threading. Hyper-Threading creates the illusion of a dual processor computer. Hyper-Transport is, directly from AMD's website
"HyperTransport technology is designed to:
Provide significantly more bandwidth than current technologies
Use low-latency responses and low pin counts
Maintain compatibility with legacy PC buses while being extensible to new SNA (Systems Network Architecture) buses.
Appear transparent to operating systems and offer little impact on peripheral drivers."

"HyperTransport technology is a high-speed, low latency, point-to-point link designed to increase the communication speed between integrated circuits in computers, servers, embedded systems, and networking and telecommunications equipment up to 48 times faster than some existing technologies. "


Quote:
Originally posted by knuckl50
slvrstang is wrong. when you have 2 drives in a raid0 array, the space is added together. also, they come in 36 gb drives, not 32. so youll have 72 gb of space.
Yes, i was very very tired.
__________________

__________________

Q6600 G0 @ 3.80ghz
MCR-320-->Dtek Fuzion V2-->Dtek Fuzion GFX2-->Swiftech MCP-655-->
Asus P5K deluxe
4x1gb Crucial Ballistix @ 846mhz 5-5-5-15
8800GT
3x 250gb HDDs
Hiper 580w
Coolermaster 690 w/ water cooling mods
3dmark06 - 15,602
SuperPi 1M - 12.421s
slvrstang is offline  
Old 03-23-2005, 11:39 PM   #32 (permalink)
Junior Techie
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 47
Default

Sorry, HERE are some numbers:

http://www.anandtech.com/cpuchipsets...spx?i=2330&p=1

http://www.anandtech.com/cpuchipsets...oc.aspx?i=2149

http://www.anandtech.com/cpuchipsets...spx?i=2249&p=1

http://www.anandtech.com/cpuchipsets...spx?i=2242&p=1

http://www.anandtech.com/cpuchipsets...oc.aspx?i=2065

http://www.hothardware.com/viewartic...?articleid=205

http://www.hothardware.com/viewartic...?articleid=613

http://www.hothardware.com/viewartic...?articleid=596

http://www.hothardware.com/viewartic...?articleid=592

http://www.hothardware.com/viewartic...?articleid=559

http://www.hothardware.com/viewartic...?articleid=531

http://www.hardocp.com/article.html?art=Njg2

http://www.hardocp.com/article.html?art=NjgyLDY=

http://www.hardocp.com/article.html?art=Njc1LDY=

Those all prove that in general, the A64 triumphs in MOST cases. There are SOME scenerios where the P4 does outperform the A64, and sometimes significantly, but those are the MINORITY of the cases.

If you are still in doubt I can provide more reviews to prove my claim.

If you wish to get the best gaming rig currently available and strongly beleive that Intel holds the lead for gaming, you must be highly dilisional. Show me just as many reviews as I have posted here that show Intel in the lead for gaming.

When it comes down to it, the A64 IS the fastes overall, and the Sempron gives even the P4 a run for its money. Don't be so quick to down AMD unless you can back it up.
__________________

retherfordaehs is offline  
Old 03-23-2005, 11:54 PM   #33 (permalink)
Monster Techie
 
GrimReaper23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Fort Gordon
Posts: 1,912
Send a message via Yahoo to GrimReaper23
Default

dude get the FX instead of Intel because of games = great with AMD
Games= Sh!t whith Intel.
__________________
GrimReaper23 is offline  
Old 03-23-2005, 11:56 PM   #34 (permalink)
Monster Techie
 
GrimReaper23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Fort Gordon
Posts: 1,912
Send a message via Yahoo to GrimReaper23
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by slvrstang
No Hyper-transport is NOT hyper-threading. Hyper-Threading creates the illusion of a dual processor computer. Hyper-Transport is, directly from AMD's website
"HyperTransport technology is designed to:
Provide significantly more bandwidth than current technologies
Use low-latency responses and low pin counts
Maintain compatibility with legacy PC buses while being extensible to new SNA (Systems Network Architecture) buses.
Appear transparent to operating systems and offer little impact on peripheral drivers."

"HyperTransport technology is a high-speed, low latency, point-to-point link designed to increase the communication speed between integrated circuits in computers, servers, embedded systems, and networking and telecommunications equipment up to 48 times faster than some existing technologies. "




Yes, i was very very tired.
yea hyper threading and hypertransport are two different things I hought that the Transport had to do with FSB speed and threading means multiple tasks.
__________________
GrimReaper23 is offline  
Old 03-23-2005, 11:57 PM   #35 (permalink)
Wizard Techie
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 3,220
Default

omg u r teh noob with teh too much teh money

no, seriously though, learn more about computer hardware before building one
__________________


Quote:
I don\'t play for fun, I play to win and winning is fun.
diabloII is offline  
Old 03-24-2005, 12:11 AM   #36 (permalink)
Junior Techie
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 47
Default

Quote:
omg u r teh noob with teh too much teh money
Hope u aren't referring 2 me, I've got sufficient experience and am far from a "noob".

If u are not referring to me, then ignore what I said above.
retherfordaehs is offline  
Old 03-24-2005, 12:37 AM   #37 (permalink)
Ultra Techie
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 994
Send a message via AIM to PoisonPorkchop
Default

GET PCI-E also wait for the fx 57 to come out.

and ide? come on. you might even want to go for a 1500 rpm hd. itll be around 450 but itll boot windows in like 4 seconds
__________________
System
Antec Super Lanboy
AMD 64 3800 S-939 Newcastle
MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum
eVGA 6600GT
1.5 GB pc 3200
WD 160 GB IDE
Viewsonic 22\" Widescreen 1680x1050
Logitech MX518
Coming Soon: Athlon 64 4000 San Diego/Z-5500/G7/Vista
PoisonPorkchop is offline  
Old 03-24-2005, 12:46 AM   #38 (permalink)
Wizard Techie
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 3,220
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by retherfordaehs
Hope u aren't referring 2 me, I've got sufficient experience and am far from a "noob".

If u are not referring to me, then ignore what I said above.

sry for the confusion

why would i call you a noob? you gave great benchmarks (that even i was fascinated with)

i was referring to the original poster in my last post (just look at his setup on the first post of this thread and the title of this thread)
__________________


Quote:
I don\'t play for fun, I play to win and winning is fun.
diabloII is offline  
Old 03-24-2005, 01:13 AM   #39 (permalink)
Monster Techie
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,019
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by zero1424
i <3 amd
:amazed:

Quote:
Originally posted by str8lazy
AMD has Hyper-Transport, its the same exact thing as Hyper-Threading
:amazed:

Quote:
Originally posted by GrimReaper23
dude get the FX instead of Intel because of games = great with AMD
Games= Sh!t whith Intel.
:amazed:
__________________
Sig reinstated. SigSanta
VIII is offline  
Old 03-24-2005, 02:02 AM   #40 (permalink)
Ultra Techie
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 943
Default

Id get this if i could

AMD FX-55
ABIT A8N-Fatality or normal (practically the same)
Liquid cooler for Fx-55 (not sure which)
1gig G.Skill F1 PC4400LE
2XWD Raptor 76gig in Raid 0
2XSeagate 200gig in Raid 0
ATI X850XT-Platinum
Thermaltake or Antec PSU
Rest the same
__________________

__________________
AMD 64 939 3200+@2.7ghz
ASUS A8N-SLI DELUX htt@270X5
Segate 120gig SATA
1gig PC3200 Geil Value Ram Duel Channel@ddr480 3-3-3-8
Gigabyte 6600GT-PCI-E@580/1.3
Sh0r_ty is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:18 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.