Building a GODLY comp, come tell me what's wrong with it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
yup amd all the way. try the new 3800 or 3500. better than to fxs and a mile better than the p4s

Monster00 said:
well no.. he should not. Games today use directX 8.0. ATI cards have much better compatiballity with directX then nvidia.

well actually the game he is talking about (Far Cry) uses direct X 9, as are all the new games which are coming out.
I do agree that the X800 XT is a better card tho.

AMD. The Athlon 64FX 53 is the best processor in the world today.. and if the Pentium EE beats it by a little bit, its worth the $200 saved. And really, I think nVidia 6800 > Radeon X800.
You may even wanna go with Athlon 64 3700+ or 3800+(3700+ has 1mb L2 cache, 3800+ has the new 939-pin). They are also slightly cheaper than the FX-51.

And those WD Raptors, 2x SATA/10,000 RPM in your system would just flat-out own.

For a floppy drive.. they should be like $10 max.

$24 for 2 fans?? Complete rip unless they are like Tornados or something...
go www.nexfan.com, order yourself fans to fill up every slot in the case you're getting.

Speaking of case.. wheres the case? I don't see it on your post..

I think that its a nice start, but if your gonna be gaming, you need an AMD. I suggest the 3800+ its pretty good and almost at the same performance as the FX-51, for a slightly lower price.

And you need 2 tell us about your case so we can tell you about the cooling and stuff and oh yeah...

ATI > nVidia any day of the week

True, but worry about tomorrow tomorrow and today today.
The only reason that I back 64bit processors is because of the performance that you can get from that now, I truly dont care for 64bit apps at the moment

yea i didnt buy my athlon64 for the 64 bit applications.. thats just for marketing.. the processors are awesome

i <3 amd
oh and i think nvidia > ati, sorry str8lazy.. ive had 2 ATI's and i like my first nvidia better than both.

I have no idea what case to get 'cuz of all the measuring... and that I know nothing about cases besides how cool they can look :) - but if you guys/gals know some good ones you can go ahead and name 'em!
There's absolutely no way you can talk me out of this processor, it rips to shreds any AMD out there to-date.. Look at them numbers! And does that AMD even come with hyper-threading? Probably a dumb question, it should.
What would 2x 10,000 RPM HD's cost me? A freaking FORTUNE I'm sure. If any of ya can link me to a great one I'll definatly consider it, I would love to get a 10k RPM over a 7.2k one!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom