Building first computer-Ran into problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drew43

Beta member
hey,
I am building my first computer. I have a Thermaltake Xasier III V1000 tower, 3200 amd Athlon 64, KN1 Extreme motherboard, Xpower 500 wat PSU, gig of kingston ram, FX2 6800 PCI Express Graphics card. Anyway, I read all the instructions and started putting the beast together. I have my MOBO (with CPU and fan) installed, my graphics card installed, PSU installed with power going into the MOBO. I connected all the cases pin connecters to the front panel on the MOBO (all but the one labeled "sound" as i cannot figure out where it goes). Anyway, instructions say to boot and if the fans start to whirl, i hear a beep, and moniter gets display to shut down. When i turn on the computer, the fans wizz, however, i hear no beep and the moniter shows nothing (it is on). Help please!

Drew

Make sure you have connected the big power connector from the PSU to the mobo as well as the little square 4-pin connector.

Also, make sure that you have seated the RAM properly.

this could be that your video card isnt plug n play try using onboard video to get the desktop first or if you dont have onboard use a cheap 8mb vid card but i dont think this will work but something to try

I have given up, im taking it to my local comp shop. Ill share what the problem was when i get back!

Drew

Heyyo,

Syk, all new vidcards are PnP. It's a standard that's been in place since PCI back in what? 1992? :p

It's always safe to take it to a comp shop to get fixed. If you can ask if they can tell you what was setup wrong, most of the time they do this anyways. It's probably just a lose cable or a miss-pinning on the mobo.

Some motherboards require that you configure the bios to look at apg/pci for video first. Syk is on the right track but was wrong. Double check all your connections. Did you install the metal pegs that go under the motherboard before you screw it in? If not, your shorting the board.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom