Building - CPU probs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stillxlife

Baseband Member
ok, i order all my shit from newegg and got it today. Put it together turned it on, loaded optimized defaults in the bios and everything seems to be in working order. I went to go grab my XP disc and i come back and theres some kind of alarm going off. So i check the bios and my CPU temp is at 85C. TURNED IT OFF IMMEDIATELY. Turned it on again after a few mins and it did the same thing. Now when i turn it on, after it loads the IDE devices it says "Cpu has been changed or is Unworkable", but all the stats and shit are still in the bios.... what do i do?

You installed the CPU yourself? You removed the thermal tape to expose the thermal pad? Did you add sufficient thermal compound?

Yes, i installed it myself, the thermal compound was pre-applied, ive done this several times before, never had this problem

Nevermind, i got it, i evened out the thermal compound a little with a razor, and reload the bios defaults, its running at about 42 now, should be good to go, thanks

lol preapplied usually means the same as crappily done always check it to make sure its good : )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom