Build me a computer!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bokmunn

Solid State Member
Hi guys, I'm new to this foum and I like what you guys have to say. I am about to get my bachelor's and want to buy or build a computer. I have been doing some research for a while. I looked at places such as ibuypower and cyberpowerpc. Those places don't have all the choices in parts that I would want. So, I want you guys to help me build a pc for around $2,000 not including monitor, keyboard, mouse, or speakers. Just the case and what goes inside.

Thanks in advance for all your support and input.

You're gonna have to be a little more detailed about what you want. What are you gonna be using this machine for? Gaming, Video/Audio editing, Spreadsheets, or general use and internet surfing. What you want to do with your machine is going to dictate what parts you need for it. So how about a little more info.

$2000 can get you a totally awesome gaming rig if you want it. But if you just want it for email/internet you wouldn't even need to spend $500.

The computer will be used for gaming, surfing. I'll also be needing a pretty big hd since I will be backing up my dvd's. Thanks.

Hmm. mabey 500gb's in raid 0? 2x250. 2x512mb ram, and mabey a a64 3000 winchester?

1x200 or 2x200 might be fine too. each dvd is about 5gb, so depending on how many dvd's you have I guess.

I have just finished building a PC, so i have free time. You need to give us more detailed info, on what you want, your brand prefference, etc. Depending on how many DVD'd you plan on backing up, i would recommend at least 450+ GB of storage. I have over a terrabyte, but i rip movies like nobody's business. Feel free to e-mail me at borys_k@hotmail.com, snd i will give you a few options on whta i can do, as well as give you a pretty good price estimate. Also, would provide a copy of XP PRO SP2, because i have acorporate licnce for 20 usrs, so i still have 19 to go.

dude i think he wants to build one himself if anything

3500+
dfi lanparty
1 gig dual channel corsair xms maybe 2 gigs cuz you have the money
4 200gig sata hard drives
lian li case
6800 ultra eVGA maybe dual gt's?
dvd-rw x2
zalman 7000cu
antec neopower 550 psu
this would be an awesome system

amd athlon 3200+ winchester
dfi lanparty ultra-d SLI
2x twinmos ram
2x 6800gt
2x seagate 250gb hdd in raid0 (or maybe 2 more?)
ocz powerstream 520
NEC 3510A x2

or maybe non-sli..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom