Build Log: BIL-Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks good. It would look better if you could line up the nuts on the toggles all the same way.

Absolutely. Yeah, that's just the fitting, they all have to be yanked for painting still. I just wanted to make sure the holes lined up and were the proper size.

Another update, I cut out the facroty back fan grill, I'll put a standard ringed grill over it. Simpler, cleaner look.

006-1.jpg

Cut out for the top 120mm fan...almost forgot to leave enough space behind the psu, that would have sucked.

013.jpg

Once cut out the drum sander does a nice job of a clean cut.

0162.jpg

I use a Ridgid 114mm (4 1/2"') hole saw for my 120mm fans and then use the drum sander to widen it to a perfect 120mm. There is also a 121mm (4 3/4") hole saw that some people use that is pretty much bang on the size of the fan but you have to make sure you get a perfect cut. Either one works. Note these aren't cheap, I think here at the local home depot they were about $50 each.

I use a Ridgid 114mm (4 1/2"') hole saw for my 120mm fans and then use the drum sander to widen it to a perfect 120mm. There is also a 121mm (4 3/4") hole saw that some people use that is pretty much bang on the size of the fan but you have to make sure you get a perfect cut. Either one works. Note these aren't cheap, I think here at the local home depot they were about $50 each.
Ouch. Pricey. Thanks for the info though.

Ok, sorry for the delay, I've been insanely busy with school (taking courses and teaching courses) and work, and family, and so much more. Anyways, am in priming mode now!

IMG_9094.jpg

IMG_9093.jpg

Nice both..

Thought you were done school?

Sort of. My courses as part of my MSc. are done but I'm still trying to wrap up my thesis...it just keeps dragging on!

The big problem is I've started teaching a course at a local college and it's a brand new course, all the materials need to be developed and that takes a ton of time. All you college kids, appreciate your part time professors, they pay us peanuts! But it's fun so I don't mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom