Budget AMD 64 System - Need Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
looks good. Instead of waiting to upgrade the ram, i suggest you get the other stick of 512mb right now. you will find that it will be a bottle neck in your system when playing at higher settings at normal resolutions.

one word of advise...value ram is shit...easily put...get 512 of a good low latency ram than add another one later. if you are playing doom then see if you can't get an nvidia card.

What are you talking about? if your not overclocking value ram is fine. Hell, i run valueram and I overclock.

Assuming your running valueram at the same timings as good ram, you wont notice a difference.

Even if you do want to OC with value ram, you usually fan give it 30-40mhz overclock, or drop your ram to DDR333 and raise your FSB to 245 and use your multiplier to overclock your CPU

Your CPU would slightly drag you down, but not much at all.

my value ram was shit...gave me all kinds of problems. changed it out for the good stuff problems went away. i gues i understand that sometimes you get good value or some times you get bad. just make sure you get low cas latency or you can oc to get low cas lat. all up to you.

I ordered all my parts. The only changes are:

EVGA instead of Chaintech 6600GT

Iceburg VGA+Chipset Cooler

Two tubes of artic gel (Putting on my retail CPU, might help a bit)

Added Zonet 56K modem (I live on the mountain with no high speed connection).

Actually came out a few bucks cheaper, because I got some of the stuff on sale with free shipping.

Thanks for all you advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom