Boring. I am going for it!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Indobos

In Runtime
I am @ 277mhz x8 multiplier 38c Mobo, 37c cpu, 45c cpu 1, 45c cpu 2. 2 hrs stable running orthos. I want 3.0. Do i just go for it?

dude going up 10mhz and testing for EIGHT HOURS is retarded. i dont think i would set it right to 375 tho. maybe a little slower than that, unless you've been that high before(and know how your rig is going to react), which you havent.
i would go to at least 300, test for a couple hours maybe...enough to uncover serious flaws no doubt...then go up another 25 or so. when you start getting it where you want it (or around a known instability point....like for me and my amd that is up around 275-300), then start running longer stability test. there is no reason IMO to test it for 8 hours every 10 mhz. unless you just like running stability tests. lol...hey man, some people do.

lol...I use to do that, to be safe...but as I got to know my system, I started going by the 50s or 100s.

Okay so I was getting bored but it was late. I ran orthos for 4 hours last night at 277mhz. temps were nice. at 45c under full load. No problems. So I bump it up to 288mhz just before bed. ran orthos and everest and when I got up everything was fine. So before I left for work I ran it up to 300mhz. temp dropped? this normal? so far so good, got my son watching everest and orthos for me so we shall see how it goes.

Maxxed out what now. I wen to 375 mhz and it would only post. so what do i do know? increase voltage? ran it back down to 350 and appears to be stable now. multiplier is 8 350 mhz. cpu 46C and mobo 37C. Please help

Try increasing the voltage one notch, and raise to 375....then run orthos overnight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom