Boot Disk Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

timmyg11086

Beta member
Hey everyone. I just built myself a computer for the first time and I am having a problem booting it up. I can get into the BIOS just fine, but when i go to boot from my boot disk i get a recurring error. The screen prompts me to remove any disks or other media, and hit any key to continue. If I remove my boot disk, it prompts me to insert a valid boot disk into the A drive, but if I do that I get the same error as before, and it just goes in a circle. I have no idea what I can do to try to fix this problem. I downloaded the boot disk from bootdisk.com and it is for win98se. I am using a MSI 865PE mainboard if that helps out at all. Can anyone help me?

What operating system are you trying to install? Windows 98SE/ME/2000/XP?

Edit: Does your BIOS recognise your hard drive?

whoa a boot disk? I havent had to use one of those in forever....hell I don't even have a floppy drive =/

Ok, I am having this same problem, and I was told to go to BIOS and switch the boot order thingy around.
This was the order it was booting at first:
1.floppy
2.CD/DVD drive
3.Hard Drive

Then I switched it to:
1.CD/DVD drive
2.floppy
3.Hard Drive

Of course, I still don't have my OS yet, so I cant really do much! =P

I just have mine set up at IDE-0 is the first boot device (thats the hard drive for anyone who happened to not know) just cause I don't want that extra 2 seconds it takes to search the floppy and cd-rom....I just go into the BIOS and change the sequence when I need to format

o lol theres 2 ppl i dunno if u dont have ur os then buy it and load it but if timmy does then i dont see y he dosent do dat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom