A bold move from a bold newb!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexsabree

Fully Optimized
Ok, i've never built a watercooling system before and im certain that ill be able to do it. Ive gotten a little more money on my hands so im considering spending from about $150 to $250 on a watercooling system.

How much do you think I SHOULD spend and i would like to be able to watercool most of my components. Look in my sig and you will see the parts i will need to cool.

Thanks for any help given,
Alexsabree

ok i did some quick research and came up with this:
"Laing D5 Vario/Swiftech MCP655 Inline 12V DC Pump
Link

D-TEK FuZion Universal CPU Waterblock - 1/2"
Link

Swiftech MCR-220 "Quiet Power" Series Radiator - Black
Link

120mm Yate Loon D12SM-12 Case Fan
Link
4 of em

Swiftech MCRES-MICRO Hi-Flo Reservoir
Link

1/2" ID (3/4" OD) Masterkleer General Purpose Clear PVC Tubing
Link
10 feet"

Would that be ok? Thats the MAX i can spend right there, if i can shave any $$$ off that without severely effecting performance please tell meh!
And thats w/o a gpu block

i have the MCP 655, and the dtek fuzion cpu block. both top notch parts i can vouch for ^_^. fans are great as well.

i cant vouch for that radiator. i never looked at anything other then a thermochill so maybe if aspire comes on he can give you some info.

I put together a nice wish list on DD and it was about $250 without chipset and vga cooling.

ok i did some quick research and came up with this:
"Laing D5 Vario/Swiftech MCP655 Inline 12V DC Pump
Link

D-TEK FuZion Universal CPU Waterblock - 1/2"
Link

Swiftech MCR-220 "Quiet Power" Series Radiator - Black
Link

120mm Yate Loon D12SM-12 Case Fan
Link
4 of em

Swiftech MCRES-MICRO Hi-Flo Reservoir
Link

1/2" ID (3/4" OD) Masterkleer General Purpose Clear PVC Tubing
Link
10 feet"

Would that be ok? Thats the MAX i can spend right there, if i can shave any $$$ off that without severely effecting performance please tell meh!
And thats w/o a gpu block

looks good to me..thats VERY similar to the loop im building.

Curious about water cooling, how much would it cool my CPU down if it was at 40C load normally on air.

that all depends. what are you running for air? how much would you want to spend on watercooling?

The price for performance is definitely not there. Any less than 200 minimum and the TRUE will probably cool as well or better. Air cooling is quite good these days. Also depends on your processor. My q6600 B3 is a furnace. Its ridiculous.

Also depends on what clock speed your running at? is that 40c stock?

I dunno with a really good loop you might chop off 10c - 15c Idle. It also depends on your rooms ambient temp.

WC is still to expensive to just be a casual thing. Unless you want it for looks and don't care about paying for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom