Blue screen of death

Status
Not open for further replies.

aaronkupen

Fully Optimized
I can get my e6320 to run at 3.16 Ghz at cool temps with a voltage of 1.375. But when I try to go past it, I end up getting the blue screen of death after the vista welcome screen, and sometimes on the desktop. I put the voltage on 1.4, which solves most of this, but I do get the blue screen of death occasionally on the desktop.

It's running cool at 3.22, so I'm not sure if I should raise the voltage more (which was a friend recommendation), or stop. Any comments?

If it runs cool, then why not bump up the voltage. Just give it one more notch, and see if you get anymore BSODs. 1.4v is nothing.

I increased by one notch, and raised the clock to 3.26 Ghz. Things are still running stable and cool, but if I try to go anymore my comp crashes right after I leave the bios and I get an error saying that the overclock failed. Do you think this is because of my ram?

You probably have to up the notch again, because when you get that high, it requires more power. I've experienced this. When I had mine overclocked to 3.3 and up, I had to keep upping the voltage. What's the timings and voltage of your ram? I've just noticed you got a real nice motherboard.

The timings on my ram are not too hot, I believe they are 5-5-5-15. The voltage on newegg is saying 1.8V-2.0V. If this ram isn't holding me back now, I'm pretty sure that at some point this is what will be stopping me from doing an even higher OC. So what do you think?

You should probably bump up the voltage of the RAM. Most common voltage I see here on tech forums, for that set of RAM is 2.1-2.2V.

Yup, that didn't seem to work either. Keep in mind, it crashes the instant I leave the bios. From what I experienced, voltage problems usually cause a crash while the OS is booting or soon after.

A common cause for BSODs are bad sticks of RAM. Have you ran memtest86, to test out your ram yet? What is you VCore currently at?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom