blue screen, cant overclock past 2.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

adiosk8

Baseband Member
My setup is in my sig, everytime I try to overclock past 2.3 via bios or windows...I get a blue screen. and with the A8N...can you only do cpu voltage of 1.5? everywhere else I read it was 1.65...but that doesnt come up as an option in my bios.

what should my FSB be? multiplier? HTT multiper?

I think this may be a good point to go read the various stickies that basically answer all your questions :D

I know reading stickies sux but it is worth it in the end

well its definetly the ram, I under clocked it to 333 and 2.4 booted fine...so I know where to start from now.

but my mobo cant go past 1.5 vcore? doesnt that seem low?

be careful with that vcore, never go over 1.6v for 24/7 use an a dual core. even that is a little high for dual core. try to keep it 1.55 or lower if you can. if it's limited to 1.5, try updating the BIOS. I can go up to 2.9v with cpu vid special control. also make sure you use s&m to make sure your pc is stable overclocked.

Dude i dont think its your ram. I have Corsair Valueselect on my 3800+ and im getting 2.4stable and could even go further w/ a vcore of 1.55. You doing something else?

I tried 2.4 with ram where it was...blue screen....de clocked it to 333 and it booted up fine, I would imagine that the the ratio was too high for the ram to be stable.

I cant try any faster until I get better cooling on tuesday.

I can do 2.4 stable on stock cooling fairly cool. W/ my TT Copper tower112 i can do about 2.6 but thats cutting it close w/ a vcore of 1.65. Dont know if i can go faster but i dont wanna try so it sits at 2.4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom