Status
Not open for further replies.

bigjared

Baseband Member
Hardware:
I45
Q9550
4gb PI Black

In the bios it simply does not let me change the cpu external frequency.

I am running 8.5 x 333 for the default 2.83ghz but even though the "333" is highlighted (meaning it should be selectable) when I hit enter nothing happens. Every other setting that is highlighted pops up changeable options when I hit enter.

I have disabled speedstep and a few others, but maybe I am missing something else.

Thank you for your help.

once it's highlighted just change the value to what you want. you don't select it from a prechosen list. just use the numbers on your keyboard to put in what you want.

You don't need to disable Speedstep either. I suggest you keep it on to save power and keep your computer cooler.

i usually disable EIST when running benchmarks to keep the speed up, but have it on when running normally so the thermal load is as low as possible

Hello everyone and thank you for the replies.

So all I did for my first O.C. was leave everything on auto but up the fsb to 366 from 333.

It is totally stable but cpu-z and coretemp are throwing me for a loop.

cpuzcoretemp.jpg

First, the coretemp numbers are exactly what they should be a 366x8.5 but why are the cpu-z numbers so retarded?

I have speedstep and the other one that drops the cpu disabled. Also, are my temps to high? under max load they top out at 50c.

My last question is a specific question with the biostar I45 board. I am not able to set the voltages to exactly what I want as it only gives the option of +.025 +.05 ect ect... So which number is my current vcore, the 1.1000 on coretemp or 1.104 on cpuz. I mean, if the coretemp is correct, if I set the vcore in bios to +.025 does that mean my vcore will stay exactly at 1.125 and there is no way to get 1.120?

Thanks

For the Vcore go with CPU'z. But Coretemp is right your CPU speed is 3.119mhz. You probably have Intel's equivalent of Cool n' Quiet enabled. Where multipliers on the CPU are disabled to save energy.

Notice the fact on CPU'z the multiplier is 6 and on Coretemp its 8.5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom