Bios upgrade, or is it a downgrade?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pepsiboy700

Fully Optimized
Ok I had gotten a Msi pm8m-v motherboard back in March because of its price and ratings. It is a pretty stable board but ever since I got it I have hated it for the bios options. It only lets me adjust the cpu speed by 10mhz intervals and no voltage settings. The ram settings lets me select automatic speeds and change the timings but there's only a 1:1 divider. There arent enough oc'ing settings to get high oc's. Now I wanted to upgrade my bios and I had installed the Msi Live Monitor. I decided to run it to see if there were any bios upgrades to "unlock" some more settings for my bios. Now when I look at it, it tells me my mobo is a MS-7104 (PM8M-V) with a current version of 3.40 and a update version of 3.40. Even though its the same the program says I need a bios upgrade. Now for fun I went to the website to look this up and the only bios versions they show are v2.3, v2.2, and v2.0. Here are my questions: Should I upgrade my bios to v3.4 from my v3.4 or are they the same thing and the program is wrong, Should I use one of the older bios on the site and see what happens, and why isnt the v3.4 on the MSI website?

u could downgrade, but the mobo might say that the bios u are installing is older than the one you are trying to install. so just give it a shot with the one u think might do it

EDIT: go for v2.3, that is the newest one....so ittl be the best one, the bios on urs is for a different mobo

wow wtf? that was the link too, check it out here

Ok I tried it and it said it did some writing but didnt write over everything. The bios still reads v3.4 and the bios looks the same. Should I try it again just incase I did something wrong cause I was in a hurry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom