BIOS settings reset on restart

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kurt Rambis

Solid State Member
Hi,

My rig runs stable at 310mhz x 10multiplier , however, when i try to up the front bus by lowering the multiplier (ex. 450mhz x 7) it will restart a 2nd time and all the bios settings will be reset.

any idea what may be causing this ?

Oh i see. my mb will reset the bios if it can't start up with the settings. I guess i'm hitting the front side bus wall of my e2180 processor around 390mhz. Does that make sense ? seems very low.

Yeah I think your motherboard has a secondary bios like mine, so if the first doesnt boot, you dont have to go through reseting the cmos everytime.

Why are you changing the multiplier? Try setting it to 3.15 with a multiplier of 10.

Sometimes stuff you have connected to the computer will make it reset too. Gigabyte boards apparently don't like having external hard drives connected when they boot. Whenever my external is connect, it always resets my OC:confused: So maybe try disconnecting certain things.

Just for fun. I wanted to try running a 1:1 ratio. so i was trying to get my fsb up, but 390 was as high as i could go before my board stared doing the restart thing. i checked around and 390 seems to be where alot of ppl hit the wall with these. some posted saying that they hit the fsb wall at 330.

i have a ds3l

I believe it's dual virtual bios. When the system faila to post it automatically resets to default settings. I rather like this feature. saves you from having to reset the jumper every time. you push it to far

Just for fun. I wanted to try running a 1:1 ratio. so i was trying to get my fsb up, but 390 was as high as i could go before my board stared doing the restart thing. i checked around and 390 seems to be where alot of ppl hit the wall with these. some posted saying that they hit the fsb wall at 330.

Ah ok. I was just curious. All you have to do to make it run 1:1 is change the memory multiplier to 2 though. Just so you know.

Your battery could be dead/dying as well. That was the first thing that jumped out at me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom