Bios Settings???

Status
Not open for further replies.

purplepots

Baseband Member
I currently own an ASUS P4P800 motherboard with an AMI bios. When I try to overclock from my bios, I can't seem to be able to change my FSB settings. According to my motherboard manual, the FSb setting is automatically detected and can't be changed. Yet, the bios also provides AI-Overclocking which seems to be able to change it when I use it and check with CPU-Z. So, the only way I can overclock is using the AI-OVerclocker. Can someone please explain what is going on?

Also, how come my bios doesn't provide a setting for the FSB : DRAM ratio? Once again, AI-Overclocking seems to be able to change it when I check with CPU-Z...

One last question that doesn't have to do with the bios, is there an optimal ratio to set for FSB : DRAM when overclocking an intel?

im not sure but i think u gotta do this. When u go to BIOS it automatically detects ur CPU Speed. You have to put that on manual. Then u can change the FSB.

Monster00 said:
im not sure but i think u gotta do this. When u go to BIOS it automatically detects ur CPU Speed. You have to put that on manual. Then u can change the FSB.

yeah, that's what i do. But then it says FSB and I can't change the number.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom