bios question

Status
Not open for further replies.

lazer_viking

In Runtime
i was told that my motherboard was complete crap (which it is.. it was the lowest quality one available) so later on when i found out mobos were important (lol) i ordered a lanparty theres already one on the way, so i may be dissapointed with the answer here.
in my current bios there is a menu called "power user overclock settings". im wondering why they would call it that if you cant overclock well with it. i have a picture of it here: http://www.sapphireconcepts.net/hosted/admin/images/mybios.gif
there is a DRAM clock frequency, but no ratio setting.
its too late anyway (my dad bought the DFI lanparty the night i told him about it because i never ask for anything and he was like.... excited about buying me something lol) but im wondering if i really need it...
the options i dont understand in this bios is the PCIE frequency, and the CPU ratio. can anyone explain?

well can you change the numer that is highleted there, on mine i use the + button, otherwise i have no idea, regaredless the lanpartys a good mobo, and it will alow you to OC your fx 57 waaaay better than what you got

harry18 said:
well can you change the numer that is highleted there, on mine i use the + button, otherwise i have no idea
yeah, i got that much. :) im just saying, what benefits would i get from a lanparty? what additional options would i get from a lanparty mobo?
Try upping the multiplyer.
i dont see that on my current bios. is it in another menu or is that something not supported by this motherboard that will be support by a lanparty?

also, what is PCIE clock? and CPU ratio?

CPU ratio is the multiplier, press the plus sign once to see if it posts aftwerwards. The multiplier and the HTT is what gives you your core speed (GHz). 200 X 14 = 2.8GHz. If you put the multiplier up to 15 it will give you 3GHz.

PCI-e Frequency is the speed that your video card communicates with the chipset and the rest of the motherboard.

maybe i just dont know enough about this stuff but.. setting the CPU ratio to x15 and the FSB/HTT w/e is set to 200, but the system is only showing 2.8GHz.
so if i raise the PCI-e frequency what will it do? overclock my video card?

It will increase bandwidth, but for preformance gains it's better to overclock your video card in windows using riva tuner or coolbits and raising the clocks. It's far more effective.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom