BIOS lying to me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aesrin

In Runtime
Hello, i'm using the q6600 on my Gigabyte P35-DS3L. I turned the CPU FSB from 266 to 300 in the bios, changed nothing else, and then saved and exited. It rebooted itself, then powered down. It then booted again, and i checked the BIOS and it still had the 300 FSB. So i thought "great, it worked". I turn on the PC, and CPU-Z and all kinds of other cpu speed measurers are still saying i'm at 2.4ghz. What the **** is going on?

Intel Speed Step. The multiplier is changed from high to low during idle. Turn off E1ST and C1E so it stays at 3ghz. The ISS helps to save power when you don't use the computer.

CPU-z should show 300 fsb, 14x idle, and 15x when you are running a program.

Update: CPU-Z is showing my "Bus speed" at 266 still. -.-, and my core speed keep switching from 1600mhz to 2400mhz and back.

I went to 280, same deal. This really ticks me off, i've been waiting to OC this for nearly a year =(

I know i saved because the f10 option is 'save', and when i hit it it says 'save to cmos y/n?' and i hit y and then enter.

I read this, and according to this article there's no **** reason why when i oc my system even by even the tiniest amount, i says it clocked up but it didn't.

In case you dont know this already, if the computer fails to post, the ds3 boards will disable your overclock. Check back in the bios and i bet your overclock is disabled. If its a b3 stepping q6600 its possible you need to add some voltage or adjust your memory.

It's a G0, and when i go into my BIOS it says it's at 9x 288mhz. How do i know if it's disabled?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom