Bios Locked!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riceball

Daemon Poster
Hey guys i bought an emachines T6410 about 4 months ago and i've upgraded it a lot until i got what's in my sig. Now i want to overclock processor but i go into the BIOS and it's LOCKED!! I've heard of something called flashing the BIOS but i don't have a floppy drive :( . Is there any way i can unlock my BIOS so i can overclock my processor?

flashing the bios using MSI, download like LIVE CD and then they flash the bios using windows LOL!!

ive seen flashing the bios alot what does it do ... my bios is unlocked so i think i dont need to flash the bios but just wandering ...........

You mean there is a password on the BIOS? You can always reset the CMOS.

003 said:
You mean there is a password on the BIOS? You can always reset the CMOS.

I think he means he can't change many settings which in his case would be the CPU Clock or frequency.

Almost all prebuilts lock their BIOS.

Hey guys i bought an emachines T6410
= there is nothing you can do. It's a prebuilt dude....at the most they'd let you get in and change the system time and that's about it, muchless overclocking.

Nubius said:
= there is nothing you can do. It's a prebuilt dude....at the most they'd let you get in and change the system time and that's about it, muchless overclocking.

Yea lol that's about it. Well i guess i'll have to wait until i get a system makeover, which will probably be when UT 3 engine comes out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom