BIOS doesn't accept settings!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMajor

PowerQuest / Opera
My brother has a Celeron MMX wich currently runs @ 800MHZ

I tried to overclock it. There are a few settings you can choose from, I chose 850MHZ.

I selected save to CMOS and exit....then the screen turned black and I waited for the PC to reboot. But nothing happened???

So I put the power off and restarted the pc, and I saw that it was running at 800MHZ again(displayed during startup). So I got in the BIOS again...and it was somehow set to 233MHZ????

Then I set it back to 800MHZ and this time it rebooted fine.

Again I went in the BIOS and set it manually to FSB100 and multiplier x8.5.......Rebooted, but again the screen was black and nothing happened.

Again I put tha power down and restarted, the CPU was running at 533MHZ!!!(as it was set in the BIOS after I checked it)

It seems the BIOS doesn't accept other settings than 800MHZ, and it doesn't save settings very well.

Can anyone help me overclock the m*therf*cker????

btw: what does "turbocharge clocktime" or something mean? it was an option next to the CPU presets

Tnx..--==TheMajor==--

check to see if the motherboard has a bios protect jumper. if it does it wont allow the bios to be changed.

You overclocked by 50MHz instantly, thats a big start for a 3.0GHz processor nevermind a 800MHz.

50MHz on a 800MHz CPU is 12.5%
50MHz on a 3000MHz CPU is 1.6%

I checked the BIOS again, the menu is called !!CPU Soft Menu II!!
It looks like this:
CPU operating speed: 800(100)
-Turbo frequency: disabled

CPU power supply: default
Core voltage: 1.70v

never heard of turbo frequincy sounds like an advertising thing to me look in the manual it should u give u a translation on wut "turbo frequiency" is

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom