BIOS boot problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blond_One

Beta member
So im fiddling with the bios, taking my cpu frequency up by 10, saving and exiting, rebooting to see if it worked, then repeating. Normaly when i get it too high and it cant boot, it just fails 2 or 3 times then loads the default bios, thats what its always done before anyway... Only this time no matter how many times i reboot, i get nothing but a blank screen. That and the normal whirring from inside my pc, but none of the beeps and clicking youd get if all was as it normaly is. Any ideas what i can do? Seems a little impossible seeing as i cant actualy do anything with it...

BTW my PC specs are as follows:

ASROCK K8 Upgrade 760GX motherboard
AMD Sempron 2600+
512mb DDR ram running at 200mhz
256mb radeon X800XL (AGP8X)
80gb Hard drive
Windows XP and SUSE Linux (using SUSEs default boot menu)

Why on earth would you unnecessarily mess with your BIOS settings?
You may need to replace your BIOS chip.

I have a need for speed and a lack of money... ergo OCing is my only option. Im trying taking the CMOS battery out for a while at mo to reset the bios... maybe, just maybe.

You need to clear CMOS. Look in your mobo manual for specific instructions, but it usually entails removing the battery and moving the jumpers...

Mine if i hold the power button for 10 seconds forces it to boot but it goes right into the BIOS and highlights what was keeping it from starting up.

yeah i just move the jumpers from 1-2 to 2-3 for 10 seconds and move it back 1-2...BEEP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom