big typhoon or cnps9500

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would go for the CNPS9500. It's lighter, smaller, and equal to big typhoon in cooling performance? I'm not sure on that. But then the CNPS9500 is a bit more money. Anyway both are good though.

from "suggest to me a cooling solution":

based on the fact that the big typhoon blows air down where as the CNPS9500 blows air sideways, i would go for the cnps9500

the big typhoon is basicly fighting the natural boiancy of the hot air in the heatsink and is blowing the hot air back onto the base of the heatsink/processor/mobo. if the fan was on the bottom blowing up, i would have sided with the big typhoon.

this is just a comment on the base design... weither or not it would actually cool better depends on the size of the heatpipes, the amount of surface area each hs has, the rate of mass flow the fans put out, etc... right now im siding w/ the cnps9500 based solely on the layout of the hs in relation to the fan.

if i were designing the big typhoon... i would have put the fan on the other side is all im saying.

Lord AnthraX said:
Tuniqe Tower ;)

I voted for Big Typhoon, since it generally gets lower temps than the cnps9500. But the tuniq tower-120 would be even better.

cwiz said:
the big typhoon is basicly fighting the natural boiancy of the hot air in the heatsink and is blowing the hot air back onto the base of the heatsink/processor/mobo. if the fan was on the bottom blowing up, i would have sided with the big typhoon.

Well most computers are towers so the heat is technically rising on the side of the heatsink so the fan pushing down actually blows the heat out the sides.

well the typhoon's largest downfall is it's size. in most reports i have seen and in my own experience the typhoon at least equals but generally beats the cnps9500. on that fact and also the fact that most people report the air blowing onto the motherboard from the typhoon as actually helping to cool chipsets and mosfets i would reccomend the typhoon if you're not faint hearted at it's size.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom