Big Typhoon is amazing

Status
Not open for further replies.

PizzatheHut06

Daemon Poster
I just got the Big Typhoon in today, and I am extremely impressed. It's way bigger and heavier than I thought it would be, but the installation was no problem. Here are some before and after temps.

With AMD Stock Heatsink
Idle: 44
Load: 59

With Big Typhoon
Idle: 31
Load: 43

The temperature drop is unreal. Also, I just put the new Arctic Silver 5 on, so there might even be a 2 degree drop or so over the next few days depending on if the Arctic Silver sets well or not.

Overall though, I am EXTREMELY impressed by this cooler and highly recommend it to anyone looking for a great cooling solution.

yea, but isn't it BIIIIGGGG typhoon? is it something people would have a problem with fitting in certain cases or on certain motherboards you think?

Yeah it's huge, but it comes with metal mounting brackets and it feels very secure. Your case needs to be at least 8" wide for the Typhoon to fit in or else there won't be enough room for air flow.

jump on my big typhoon bandwagon why dont you :p

i totally agree the typhoon is great, nuff said :D

Edit: anyone scared of its size...... i feel sorry for you, size does matter :eek:

Are you sure you applied the thermal paste correctly? With my scythe ninja, my 165 idles at 27c, and 38c full load (at stock speeds). I had similar temps with my 146 as well. The ninja and the big typhoon are susposed to perform the about the same, so that is why I'm thinking you must have incorrectly applied the thermal paste.

003, isn't the Opteron stock voltage 1.4V? My 3700+ is an old Clawhammer and the stock voltage is 1.5V. Do you think that is the difference?

Opteron stock voltage is more like 1.3vcore...although 003 has a multicore which will generate a fair share of heat and I still haven't heard any confirmation that the temperature readouts are accurate or not with the Opterons

They seem right to me, but many people argue that they're wrong so I dunno

I live in South Texas and it's about 80 degrees outside right now during the day, so my room definitely has a fairly high ambient temperature.

Right now I have an odd situation though. Earlier today, when I first installed the heatsink, my temps were as follows.

Idle: 31
Load: 43

But now, it's been about 6 hours or so, and my temps are

Idle: 37
Load: 44

Why is the idle getting higher but the load staying pretty much the same, and why are they increasing, not decreasing? It's not that substantially much hotter in my room.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom