BH5 OCing

Status
Not open for further replies.

majistic

Daemon Poster
Has anyone had a good OCing outcome with the OCZ EL VX ?
I know it can go uber high voltage...
I just wanted to see if anyone has this memory ?

Are you sure those are bh-5 chips? I think the gold series is bh-5 but I'm not sure about the enhanced latenyc ones. Does it say bh-5 on your chips?

no one here will have had BH-5 chips and know how to truly push them to the limits. You either need to google some up or go to Xtremesystems.org

true BH-5 chips will always be greate providing you give them 3.2v and up and yes you'll need a fan blowing on them with that much voltage

That's true. I know that I will have a fan pushin air on them. I noticed that the OCZ ELVX can go up to 3.3v... :)

Bh5 chips run best with 3.4V you should be able to hit up to 277 2-3-2-7 with just a fan (Chips do 3.6V but the pcbs don't like that) .

You need more than 3.3v's to really push BH5..the sticks are prolly warranteed upto 3.3v's but they clock the best with 3.7 or so.

You must have a fan blowing over the ram/ timings in bios set to 2-2-2-5 1T cause that's what BH5 is made for.

I have had tons of BH5 sticks, the best ones did 2-2-2-5 280Mhz @ 3.8v's

Dude $olidNecro over at pimprig was pushing the OCZ VX line with 3.7v and got 2-2-2-2 timings at 272Mhz I believe it was....he said 3.8-4v yeilded no better results (he was reviewing them on the NF4 so he got to push the crap out of them without worrying about breaking them...must be nice :p)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom