BFG card question

Status
Not open for further replies.
oic...so which psu brand would you recommend? my local best buy sells antec brand, is it any good?

antec is a great brand, just tell us the model number it is, and we'll let you know, but i'm betting its either the 450 watt or the 550 watt... and for running a 6200.. it'll do it like a breeze

hmm let's see...there's the antec Tp3-430, 430watts, for $95 at best buy; antec truepower trio 23650, 650watts, on sale for $120; antec neo he 550, 550watts, for $127. there are also a couple from bfg: BFGR650PSU, 650watts, for $150 and BFGR800WPSU, 800watts, for $250.

since you said that i'd probably only need 450 or 550 watts to run the 6200 well, i'll stick to the antec ones. so which one is a better buy?

hrmmm, 95 dollars is alot for 430 watt.... thats a decent price for the trio though, it could last you for a build later on too.. but if you want, check out www.newegg.com for some power supplies, because the 550 watt tp2 is only like 80 bucks now

hmm i don't see the 550watt tp2 on newegg...at least not for antec. also, i see that some of these list "pci-e connectors", what are they for? my motherboard doesn't have any pci-e slots so will that matter?

pci-e connectors are for graphics cards that need extra power from the power supply, so, no you wouldnt have to worry about it.. just let it hang there.. lol

kida said:
hmm i don't see the 550watt tp2 on newegg...at least not for antec. also, i see that some of these list "pci-e connectors", what are they for? my motherboard doesn't have any pci-e slots so will that matter?

*gasp* You're right, where did they go! :eek:

Well, here's a nice modular 500w: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817103937

Very cheap after the rebate. I have this and it's very nice, and it's modular so you only use what wires you need and throw the rest in a box.

Here's the HIPER 580W: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817128003

And the HIPER 530W: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817128006

HIPER is a very good brand, and both of those are rock-solid. They also look sweet and are both modular.

alright i think i'll go with the 500w one that crazed has linked to since it's cheap and 500w should be more than enough i think.

one more question before i buy this thing: do they make these psu one-size-fits-all? i have a dell dimension 3000. it's old i know...but still works great and fast enough! anyway, if i'm sure it'll fit then i'll buy it right now. i don't wanna buy it then it turns out it doesn't fit then have to go through all that painful process of returning it.

omg...i didn't realize the antec smartpower 500w received sooo many bad reviews. it seems like this thing has a high chance of dying just after several months...not even a year!...and might take my entire mobo with it! :angry: anyone here had this problem or know anything about it?

or maybe is it because all of those people were hardcore gamers and overclockers, and this psu isn't made to handle all that stress?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom