Best ways to check performance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gothch1ck

Daemon Poster
What are the best ways to check your PC performance, to make sure everything is running as it should be?

Programs, Bios settings, etc, whatever you can think of.

Reason is, besides my old GPU, I can't tell if anything is bogging down my system or running at "default" levels instead of what they should be.

This is not an overclocking unit, so please no overclocking tips, I just expected this rig to be running a lot smoother than it is.

Rig Status:
Intel Core i7 920 @ 2.67GHz
2.99 GB RAM ( actually 6GB, however on 32 bit OS) DDR3 1600
1 TB Harddrive (Seagate Barricuda ".11" version, Sata, 32mb cache)
-Harddrive is split into 4 drives, 3 @302GB 1@ 23.3 GB
GPU is Radeon x700 (the only PCI gpu I had)
Motherboard is Asus P6T Deluxe

yes its a radeon x700 card, kinda old.. probably 100+ on the top GPU. I plan to move to a rank 7 or so, the 4870 or the Nvids equal, or so.. just don't have the money right now. Gonna fork over some good money for my monster case next (thanks to Inferno on here) the HAF 932, which should solve any heat related problems.

Then when money comes, I'll buy my GPU, and by then Windows 7 should be released or close to it and I plan to get a 64 bit copy of it.

As I am now, its better then my old rig, and "instantly upgradable" meaning, if I change OS, I get 3GB more RAM, when I buy another HDD, I instantly have a better play rate due to setting up the drives properly and such. So its like an upgrade on top of an upgrade with cake in the middle and icing all over.

PCMark 05: 7325 PCMarks (free version)
3Dmark06: DRASTICALLY LOW - 1105 3DMarks (free version)
Pi Test:
pitest.jpg

Definately can't wait for my vid card, most the video rendering on those tests never hit 6 FPS. Lol.

run superpi and do a 1million test. then compare it with other setups like yours on the forums here. and that low 3dmark06 score doesn't surprise me at all due to you running a PCI card...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom