Best way to apply thermal Paste?

Status
Not open for further replies.

insaniak

Solid State Member
Is it best to use a card and spread the paste? Or is there a better way? I am using tuniq TX-2 Also have True Black heatsink.

I apply 9 small dabs of paste to the cpu and let the weight of the heatsink spread it :D

pastei.jpg

I always spread it myself. Anything thin and plastic works well (usually an old credit card).
That being said I tend to spread it so the middle is *slightly* more thick than the rest of the IHS

Alright thanks guys, but my main concern is I dont want the thermal paste to spread so far that it gets into mobo if I let the heatsink do it that way. Slay, if I was do it your method should I just barly let the thermal paste outand dab it on there 9 times like you?

Alright thanks guys, but my main concern is I dont want the thermal paste to spread so far that it gets into mobo if I let the heatsink do it that way. Slay, if I was do it your method should I just barly let the thermal paste outand dab it on there 9 times like you?

It always works for me :D

Yeah but how many mounts have you done Slay? Like 2. :D

For the record I am going 250+ mounts for the Buffy Slayer.

Those dabs of paste are very small. All 9 of them together are less than a 1/2 grain of rice, it's probably more like a 1/4 of a grain of rice. When it's all said and done I'm probably using less paste than everyone else.

But it's a waste of paste to put it on the corners...it only needs to be in the center.

Plus it's probably going to squeeze around the edges and make a mess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom