Best suite for AMD 64

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajay.ar

Solid State Member
Hi guys please help me in choosing the right mother board and graphics card for AMD 64, i ve heard many threads sayin this mother board that graphics card on AMD 64, I dont want to have any issues later , I am a game lover so please suggest me in that perspective , Thankx

Well depends on the socket type of the processor for what motherboard you wont. 939 chips need 939 boards, etc. As for the graphics card, that depends on price and personal preference. ATI and nVidia and both great IMO. GFX board on budget get a Radeon 9600XT, not on budget get a GeForce 6800 GT. That's my 2 cents.

im lookin aroun 150 - 200 $ for graphics card but it should play farcry, doom3, hl2

ATI Radeon 9800 Pro no question about it- http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=14-102-297&depa=0
That is the best bang for your buck right now,and it will play those games efficiently. It is worth the extra 40 bucks or so. On the motherboard, I can't help you if you don't know which socket amd 64 u want. I can suggest AMD 64 3200+ w/ the winchester core, which is socket 939, in which case I would also recommend this motherboard from abit- http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=13-127-181&depa=1
it's out of stock right now but it should be in on the 30th.

If your getting a AMD, make sure you get an Athlon 64 bit that supports socket 939. For the motherboard hands down
Abit AV8-3rd Eye Via K8T800 Pro.

754 and 939 sockets differ in the number of pins on the chip. They will only fit in the same socket mobo. 939 socket is newer and better than 754 socket.

Well for 150 - 200 your gonna get a low speed card. Dont pay all your attention on MB such as 256mb card. For that budget you gonna get a Chipset/Core Speed of around 350mhz and
Memmery/Effective Speed of 400-500mhz.

Sapphire ATI Radeon 9800 Pro is only 200 and comes with better cooling than the straight ATI 9800.

Is there a big price increase when you go from an AMD 64 754 socket to a 939 socket?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom