Best Setup for OCing a brisbane

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brinson

Daemon Poster
I'm considering building a new system, but am a super broke HS/College student...with the Brisbane being only $60, its the obvious choice.

But how much do I have to spend on a MB to get a good OC out of it?

What's the best heatsink for OCing?

I don't want to do any crazy **** like liquid cooling, what can I expect a brisbane to OC to?

I've heard RAM can slow down an OC, but don't know too much about that. Is it true?

For my age, at least, I'm at least moderately tech-knowledgable, but I've never OCd before. If you could answer my questions it would be greatly appreciated. :D

i don't know much but it seems to me the Artic Cooler Freezer 64 Pro is a really good option for the modest OCer. have a look at it, it's not very expensive.

The Biostar TForce550 and TForce 7025, are great budget overclocking motherboards. As for the aftermarket cooler, get the AF64 Pro, that Comdot mentioned. It's inexpensive, and will do the job.

The best AM2 motherboard is the Foxconn C51XEM2AA / eVGA 590 (they're the same)

Right now, the Foxconn has an $80 rebate on newegg.

I strongly recommend this board, and I do have experience with it (it's the board in my rig right now), as well as nagasama (he has the eVGA)

except he has a Brisbane, and I have a 6000+
He's been able to push his Brisbane (3600+) over 3GHZ, I've been able to get my 6000+ over 3.5GHZ (with watercooling)

These motherboards are so good that the CPU's are the restriction with overclocking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom