best HP pcu under $150.00

Status
Not open for further replies.

jvc8400

Baseband Member
First time putting a computer together here and I want to change the stock power supply in the Dell 8400 case to a more power full one above 450w and above for under $150.00.
The power supply I would be looking for should be able to run 2 hard drives, cd , DVD , and a few other things including the Pci Express video card.
Asking you guys your recommendations to help me find a good solid reliable power full psc to keep the machine going a few years any comments welcome.

Thanks Shumway for the information about the dell and the possible power connector problem, figures huh
I was at that site today and there is a ton of power supplies ranging to under 30 into 300 top end I just want to go half way getting a power full reliable psu and was hopping to hear from the guys that beef up over clock there systems and what they have used that has been good for them, I should have went a different route getting that Dell case and motherboard and p4 chip I hear so many good things about the AMD's processors.
Thanks

There are ton's of good power supply's to choose from that sometime's it make's it hard to choose which one you want,just make sure you get something with a good +12volt rail,you will want atleast a 18amp rating minimum.

You'll want as many rails as you need, and obviously the higher the current the better. You'll also want one with enough connectors to power all of your equipment. Dual fan is probably better, with something sucking air out of the case. Antec and Thermaltake both make really good PSUs.

Thanks Gaara Antec & Thermaltake I will go to newegg and check it out. The reason i want a different one is mine is like 330 or 350 and some video cards thats like a min.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom