the best gaming pc set up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juice476

Baseband Member
how can i make my machine better with overclocking and taking out programs i dont need i want this baby to rip so where should i poor the ram into and all that good stuff like that

Just go to ADD/Remove programs, and delete useless software. Everyone has it. But thats for you to decide whats useless. Im not sure what you mean about the RAM. But 4 sticks in dual channel wont OC well. So dont get anymore. I suggest getting some type of cooling system, since that is pretty much what regulates your OC ability's. You must keep your system cool for OC. The cooler it is, the more you can OC.

Well its safe to say completely rebooting your computer CAN have it running at its fastest. Since you wont have any spyware installed, nor other programs running in the back ground. But this is not the best choice. Rebooting your computer or reformating is really the last thing you should do. If all fails, you simply do them. So dont just jump on the horse. But if you know a few things about windows. You can indeed delete spyware and useless programs. Without compromising your data.

Click your start buttom, go to run. Type msconfig
then click the page displayed as STARTUP. This is everything thats commanded to start and run in the back ground everytime your system is booted. If you know Windows and your system itself. You'll understand what everything is, what should be there, and shouldent. You dont want programs that you dont use 24/7 to automatically start up.

This is where spyware hangs out. Now you'll notice if you uncheck the spyware, it comes back. Thats because its a howl program installed. So you must delete the program from Add/Remove.

If you want to squeeze out every little bit you can get rid of the "Fisher Price" look and change your windows theme to Classic.

i agree iliketea, one of the first things i do after a reinstall of windows, is: Right click on my computer select Properties | settings | advanced, and click on the button that says "adjust for best performance". make it so much smoother :) but i re-enable the "use common tasks in windows" option, because thats useful.

Seriously, this crap with fisher price is getting old, I like MY SMOOTHE WINDOWS.

Well if you want to get good peformance, just reinstall windows after every 6 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom