Best fan??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soloman02

In Runtime
I'm looking to get a better fan(25cfm just doesnt cut it) I'm looking at 80mm fans and dont want a bigger one. What is the best 80mm fan to get( i want cfm) I was looking at the thermaltake smartfan II with 75 cfm at full rpm, but then i saw the vantec tornado which has 84 cfm. Are there any other 80mm fans that are better? I'm looking to spend around $15- $20.

What 80mm fans would you guys reccomend.

--EDIT--Oh, and by the way, im not too worried about sound, i sleep with the radio on anyway, so sound is not an issue.---EDIT--

i forgot to add that i was looking to replace the fan on my heatsink with one of those fans. and i know it wont fit, which is why im buying a 60 to 80mm adapter. but, either of those fans would be good for a heatsink cooling solution, correct?

i dunno, i just use the retail heatsink/fan, i plan on buying some thermal paste and as of now i have 3 case fans, 1 of them came with the case and then the other 2 i bought for like 3 dollars a peice. they work fine, aren't too loud (most noise comes from air going trough vents on pc) and they have never failed. i really don't understand the meaning of paying over 10 dollars for an 80mm case fan.

well, im getting one for my heatsink, so it should cost more than $10 otherwise i wouldn't trust its cooling capability or its lifetime.(under 10 for use on the case is fine however). plus you get more cfm with an 80mm fan without much increase in rpm and noise(depends on the fan).

some heatsinks like the thermaltake volcano 8, 9(11 too i think) are big enough to hold 80mm fans(they come with 80mm fans). my heatsink can only hold 60mm fans. which is why i need an adaptor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom