Best Cpu - Page 2 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Overclocking and Modding
Closed Thread
Old 01-11-2004, 01:36 AM   #11 (permalink)
Newb Techie

I did not realize prescott would cost thousands of dollars. I just want somthing to play nice games and give me a lot of power. I was planning on spending somthing like what the AMD 64 bit 3400 costs. Like 500 or less. I will not be building until may or june at the earliest. Keeping in mind my price info now, what is your opinion.

Old 01-11-2004, 03:48 AM   #12 (permalink)
Ultra Techie
Send a message via AIM to Shrapnill

With the rate that computer technology moves, theres no way to tell you what will cost $500 in 6 months. Wait till you are right up on top of building it and then ask.

System specs? Lets just get down to it people:

My penis is bigger than yours.
Old 01-11-2004, 04:47 PM   #13 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

a p4 3 ghz could cost you 5 bucks in two months. you never no as Shrapnill said wait to ask this when ur building it
Old 01-13-2004, 02:56 PM   #14 (permalink)
True Techie

obviously now is not the time to buy, old technology is now expensive, and new technology is right around the corner. the new technology comes out and BAMM you get todays technology much cheaper, if u really want a prescott, wait till next year to get a decent price. if i was u id buy either p4 3.2 or 3.0 with hyperthreading or an athlon xp 64bit in may. then theyll be much cheaper than now, but the prescott is going to be to expensive then, kuz its gonna be really new
Old 01-13-2004, 04:14 PM   #15 (permalink)

but that could be said about any time technology is always arround the corner ....the current technology is expensive but will go down when the new technology works that is just how the economy works with supply and demand
Old 01-15-2004, 10:39 PM   #16 (permalink)
Newb Techie

ok you might have already answered this.. but does anyone know when the prescott is scheduled to come out?

Closed Thread