best amd mobo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nagasama

disgruntled ex-moderator
hi all, am reaching the limits of my el cheapo (but also el bueno) mobo.

i need opinions...or facts preferably;)

the best overclocking motherboard for am2. not neccesarilly the most expensive, but the best overclocker. i have good ram, cpu, psu etc...i think my mobo is the weak link here.
i have heard good things about the dfi, and also the foxconn.
any input welcome.

DFi CFX3200-DR
DFi CFX3200 Infinity
Asus M2N-E if you want cheap

I've had the M2N-e and O/ced my 3800+ to 2.84GHz stable. (higher than your current oc with a 4200+ :D) Good board, but if money isn't an option i'd go with the cfx3200-dr. good luck and enjoy your new board.

btw, the Abit am2 boards are pretty weak, they pretty much went downhill after their socket a boards lol ahaha

I know if it was a 939 series, DFI all the way man, especially the LanParty nfF4 Ultra-D. I haven't read up on the new AM2, DD2 technology, but i'm more than certain DFI takes the cake once again.

thanks guys.
epikz,
the only cfx3200-dr that i see on newegg is 939 (my cpu is am2).
the cfx3200 infinity looks ok.
the m2n-e doesnt have enough voltage for my ram (it will work at 1.95 now, but i don't know if it will work as i overclock past 2.8).

i am looking at the dfi lanparty ut nf590. it looks to be an awesome ocer. but a little worried about the problems with the 590 chipset...seems kinda buggy.

the m2n-e will work with your ram if you get bios update other than that its a great board. i'd go with any mcp 570 setup, cheap. as you wanted

well, i didn't mean it HAD to be cheap...i was just saying that sometimes the most expensive board is not the best for oc'ing, though, typically, it is close.
i think i have limited my system by purchasing a cheaper mobo this time (although let me be clear this mobo is GREAT...just won't let me press as far as i would like to try).

how about this one?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813123005

nagasama said:
well, i didn't mean it HAD to be cheap...i was just saying that sometimes the most expensive board is not the best for oc'ing, though, typically, it is close.
i think i have limited my system by purchasing a cheaper mobo this time (although let me be clear this mobo is GREAT...just won't let me press as far as i would like to try).

how about this one?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813123005

im telling you...DFI all the way for oc'ing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom