Status
Not open for further replies.

redmoon

Solid State Member
Currently I have :

intel pent 4 cpu 3.00ghz processor
1gig memory
and eVGA 6800 regular video card

im new to this stuff and was wondering if anyone could show me around how to work 3dmark03/05 and rivatuner to unlock the 4 extra pipes on my card and how to get the best out of it. my AIM is "surflorida09" and all the help is greatly appreciated.

is it agp 6800, caus ei belive the pcie16 can not be unlocked? anyways my IM is in my sig. and you can always search unlock a 6800 and you will find lots of stuff

AGP have more unlockable pipelines I think since there is less of a demand for 6800GT and Ultra AGP cards

I haven't read the article for a while so I'm not certain, but I'll try...first make sure you have all updated drivers and everything is working fine from the start, you don't wanna troubleshoot something that you think is from the modding process that was always present

Believe there should be an window for "low level settings" that is accessed from the main tab where it says "6800 256 bit" etc.

I think you then open the NVstrap tab or something along those lines and check off a box allowing hardware masking, and then clicking customize which should bring a chart with a number of pipelines listed on it, you have to check off the ones which are listed as "hardware masked", which should be four, and then restart

If the pipelines are indeed there, Rivatuner should tell you when you open it up again...if not, you are stuck to vmodding the card

oh ok cool, does nvidia block riva's tempeture sensor or is that only for the Geforce 6600 cards? how do i check my cards temp :)

You have to open up the hardware monitor in Rivatuner, then start up something like 3Dmark05, and Rivatuner will make a nice little graph of your temperatures over time for you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom