Before I overclock...

Status
Not open for further replies.

digg98

Baseband Member
These are my settings before I've touched any BIOS settings. Is my processor running at 1.6? Is that because of speedstep lowering my multiplier to 6 instead of 9? Before I overclock where should I start what ratio should I use and stuff. I've read some tutorials around here and other sites, I'm just lookin for important things that I can't afford to miss.

Its Speedstep

Load your CPU with some programs and you'll see it go back up to the normal 2.4ghz

Main thing to start off is at 3.0ghz, most Q6600's with good batches can hit that easily do this in your BIOS by increasing one of these settings

on some boards increase the 266 FSB to 333 FSB, or on other boards increase the 1066 FSB to 1333FSB

I tried 333 x 9 and it wouldn't complete POST. Can it handle that at stock voltages or no? Should I have left it at 333 x 6 and speedstep would carry it to 9 if needed?

It's a G0 revision. So where did I go wrong when I changed the multiplier from 6 to 9 and FSB from 266 to 333? Should I have left the multiplier alone?

No I didn't turn off speedstep. I can see the multiplier changing in CPU-Z. I'm gonna get you guys pics of my BIOS menus. Just waiting for something to finish installing.

You should have it off when OCing or at startup, it might not be getting enough voltage to start, or when stepping kicks in.

T8urn it off, then OC.

I'm pretty sure thats step 1 in every OCing guide i've read.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom