Barton 2500+ with A7N8X Deluxe v1.04

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read on a different forum that the southbridge of my board v1.04 has a very low voltage 1.6v or something. Would this explain the difficulties with overclocking?

I have just tried swapping the ddr to single channel mode, this time when i ran 3dMark2001se it gave me a BSOD and reset...
Think I should give up???

I have just set up mbm 5.3 to measure the temperature of my poccessor and it appears that under load it goes up to 51oC at stock settings...
Do you think that when I overclock my proccessor it heats up too much?? I have stock cooling at the moment, Do I need something better?

Thanks.

I have been bored lately and have played with my CPU a bit more... it seems that if i up my agp frequency the system becomes more stable.
Is there any danger in doing this (i have no pci cards).

Thanks

curious domwells, you say your External clock is at 180 stable, but what is your multiplier locked at? 11.0? so you really cannot change your cpu multiple to 10.5 and external frequency to 200Mhz?

the a7n8x deluxe BIOS lies about cpu temps. add 10C to your numbers and that is your real cpu temp. i have this board and cpu.

yes my multiplier is locked at 11... im not sure what stepping my barton is becuse i cant get my heat sink off. I have been told that the ram im using TwinMOS 3200 is not suitable for my setup do you think that as well or do you think it is down to my motherboard v1.04 or do i need a better heat sink?
What have you managed to get yours to and with what ram??

Thanks

I think the memory is the problem. I just bought two A7N8X Deluxe v1.04 (bios 1007) motherboards two Athlon 2500+ (Barton) and two sticks TwinMOS 3200 of 512Mb memory each. After two days of trials, I tracked down the problem being the memory. One stick of memory was working only up to 166MHz, the other one was working at 180Mhz. Know I have two computers both are overclocked at 2.2Ghz, one running the memory at 180Mhz and the other running the memory only at 83% of FSB (166Mhz). Both completed successfully all sisSandra tests and 3dMark 2001se. For processors the cooling is provided by the Volcano 12 Extreme.

I have just managed to get it up to 190MHz stable giving me a 3200 according to the bios :) that was running the ram async with the proccy...

Im sure I can get higher if i play with voltages or get better ram.

Do you know if setting the fsb jumper from 133/166 to 200 will help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom