bad ram?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lazer_viking

In Runtime
I got new stuff a couple of days ago (a e6600, 4GB of Patriot DDR2-800 RAM, and an ASUS p5n-e SLI 650i motherboard).
I'm trying to determine if my RAM is bad or not, and since I know nothing about Intel overclocking (which apparently is more different than I anticipated from AMD overclocking) I don't know how to diagnose whether or not my RAM is bad. I have memtest86... Can you guys please give me a step by step process on how to figure out if my RAM is bad? Like, tell me what values to fill in with what. All this quadpumped FSB confuses me... theres like 2 different FSB's or something and I am just completely lost... I only have a short amount of time to return my RAM if I need to.

This is the RAM I got: Newegg.com - Patriot eXtreme Performance 4GB(2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Retail

edit: I'm using memtest86 to test the memory... I've had it on 5-5-5-12 2T at 800 MHz @ 2.0v and it was stable.. which is what it's designed to do. But if I'm at all correct on how I'm doing this, even the slightest tweak (including a voltage INCREASE) makes the RAM unstable..

no ram is guaranteed to o/c as long as it runs stable at stock voltage and speed i dun think u can take it back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom