Bad Motherboard????

Status
Not open for further replies.

tvfrog

Beta member
I just put together a computer. I used an AMD semp. +2400 processor new out of the box. I used Kingston memory 3200 256mbs. I used a Matsonic Motherboard Socket A MS8177C. I connected a Powercolor ATI 256mb video card as well as the hard drive from the old computer runnning windows 2000 and not much else. The old computer was running fine when I pulled the drive. For some reason when it powers on I cannot get the monitor to come on. I tried everything including a different Video card and a different Monitor. But nothing comes up on the screen it just looks blank and the orange power indicator never turns green. I am begining to think that it is the Motherboard but could there be another reason that it doesn't show up on the monitor?

Maybe you had a ESD(electro static discharge) on the board. But that is the worst case.

Make sure everything is connected. Seated the way it should. Also check to see if the connectors to going from the powerswitch to the mobo is not disconnected. You may of knocked it out when you were installing that HD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom