Bad Memory

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Murphy

Baseband Member
I've been getting some type of lag in games for awhile now and it just seems like theres been something wrong with my computer for awhile. I know its not my graphics card. I have a feeling its my memory. I have a Intel pentium 4 3.0ghz, asus p4p800-e deluxe, ati radeon x1950gt and my memory is:
1)Kingston ValueRAM 512MB 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 (PC 3200)
1)OCZ Revision 3 512MB 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 (PC 3200)
2x)CORSAIR XMS 512MB 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 (PC 3200)
I'm a bit newb when it comes to memory so forgive me but is this dual channel ram? I've had this memory for awhile now and I think I might have been frying the memory. When I startup my computer and the AI booster comes on, which is a motherboard monitor for my type of motherboard, says the memory is getting 2.75 volts it might have even been 2.8 at one time I can't remember. I can change it so it only gets 2.6 volts like its suppose to but it always goes back to 2.75 after I restart. I thought it might be a saved setting on the AI booster but that doesn't seem to be it. Does any of this seem to make sense or maybe I just have some bad memory? I took some of my memory from an older computer if I remember correctly.

You can run Memtest86 - google it. Leave that overnight and if you get errors then that will be the problem.

Oh and you dont need matching pairs for dual channel, just two modules of memory with the same amount. So if you took that kingston ram out you might be better off. Consult your mobo manual to find out which two memory slots work in dual channel mode (sometimes its 1 & 2, sometimes its 1 & 3).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom