Was this a bad idea?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was the only time I ever ran 1.7v and it was for less than 15 minutes. The highest I have even ran besides that was 1.55v. I am trying 1.5v right now.

Temps have never passed 50 celcius.

either you have some nice cool room temperatures or your temperature sensor is faulty if it's reading that low for 1.7V. you really shouldn't push much further than 1.7V and if i were you i wouldn't run 1.7V without watercooling. it's ok to run suicide benchmarks at high voltages with air cooling but you wouldn't want to do so 24/7. 1.8V is about the sudden death point for an Athlon64 E revision. if you go much over that the chip will just be nuked.

There was an issue where one core failed at 1 hour 16 minutes but I restarted that core and now its 2 hours stable and the other is obviously 3 hours 16 minutes stable. Also maybe its just the game but, when coh is open the pc tends to lag a bit. Like typing and switching programs lags a bit too.

sorry, if i'm familiar with coh the name isn't coming to me. yeah anyway, voltage and overclocking can do some very funny things :p it's almost impossible to learn overclocking from the internet. it's just something you learn with practicve and it becomes a part of you. i don't know about you but i don't really think about overclocking any more, you feel the settings. right now you probably either think i've been smoking some wacky-tobaccy or you know exactly what i mean.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom