b1, my computer blew up...what do I do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never mind.. didn't read the thread :p...

Anyways, just curious did you lap them?

Or actually you never said you used TAT or CoreTemp.. Those are really the ones you need to trust.. Bios, speedfan, asus probes it's all crap. I would really be surprised if TAT or Coretemp shows lower then 65c.. It's just impossible with that ambient..

Never mind.. didn't read the thread :p...

Anyways, just curious did you lap them?

Or actually you never said you used TAT or CoreTemp.. Those are really the ones you need to trust.. Bios, speedfan, asus probes it's all crap. I would really be surprised if TAT or Coretemp shows lower then 65c.. It's just impossible with that ambient..

LOL. I know, it's hard to believe. But I went ahead and downloaded Coretemp for you. Check it out! What more can I say?

Although I am extremely happy with my stock hsf, I went ahead and took b1's advice and ordered an ARCTIC COOLING Freezer 7 Pro. I like to see idle temps back to the low 30c's or possibly high 20c's. As you can see in the above video, coretemp shows accurate #'s.

I'm going to mention one thing that I truly believe helps my temps and I know I'm going to get bashed for it. I mentioned once in another thread that when I apply thermal paste, I apply a very thin layer on both cpu and hsf. I've always done it this way and my temps with all my previous systems have also been very low with or without stock cooling. I don't suggest that my way is best. My experience doing it this way has been great.

Anyway, I ordered an after market cooler and I hope I can get some more props with new cooling in my system.

I'm glad you decided for an aftermarket cooler. Your temps will most likely drop even more, and thus gives you more headroom for overclocking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom