Average budget!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guru1337

Baseband Member
Hey im just throwing together a computer with the money I have left over after spending it on everyone at Chirstmas. I have around 800-900$ to spend on a system. Can I get some ideas on the specs for this system? Im going to be using it for gaming. I know that its not a whole lot of money, but im not looking for a top of the line gaming PC but hopefully I can get some good ideas from the ppl who know thier S**t :)

Thnks guys

PS:

I need everything exept keyboard, mouse, speakers.

Thnks N advance

amd 64 processor 939 pin...

gig of 3200 or higher memory

decent video card...

personally i'd go with a p4 procesor so you can use a pci-e video card but i know how the hardheads are out there with amd :|

If you are going to be gaming, I will suggest an Abit AV8 Socket 939 motherboard, with an Athlon 64 3200+ 939 and an ATI Radeon 9800 Pro for your graphics card. That stuff should keep you well within your price range.

I need a complete system video card, OS, monitor, MB, memory...etc Can you give me ideas around the net for best prices

ok i think i have found some good places but plz some one answer me this i want a avevage gaming system. What should I go with as far as memory, Video card, psu?? Is 512MB ok? what about a 200$ video card? AMD 2800+ good enough for above average gaming??

u going to overclock (or interested to try?), cause if you are, im sure me or nubius could fill you in on a good processor option that is cheaper, but is as effective as the latest processors.

ak_smallz said:
u going to overclock (or interested to try?), cause if you are, im sure me or nubius could fill you in on a good processor option that is cheaper, but is as effective as the latest processors.

ooooh, so im incapable? :D

what he is talking about however is getting an nf7-s 2.0 motherboard and an xp-m 2400+ processor at 35w... along with any CRT monitor and an ATX case along with 2*512 sticks of RAM, and a midlevel graphics card... this may be hard to do on your budget so may i suggest going for 2*256 sticks of RAM or even lower than that 1*512 stick of RAM... CRT monitors are super cheap these days especially if you go for less than 19 inches... oh and the mobile processor and everything else i said above is available on www.newegg.com , and i currently have my xp-m running at 2.5 ghz stable... so it is amazingly overclockable, and outperforms much more expensive chips.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom