auto overclock

Status
Not open for further replies.

an51r

In Runtime
i have a biostar 6100 939 mobo and a athlon 64 x2 3800 the mobo came with the option to auto overclock. the form they put it in is v6 v8 v12 as far as stages of overclocking. but none of them work with v6 my comp works for a short while then freezes.with v8 when my computer is running system monitors tell me half my cpu is being used and the v12 my comp wont even boot if anyone is expierenced in these matters please let me know,cause i would like to run my proc faster than 2.o

Overclock manually, don't bother with those crappy auto overclocking features, they screw up everything.

yeah i found that out but i am inexpierenced in such mattters so i waNTED the easy solution. but alas it doesnt work can u tell me how u have urs set up seeing as u have the same proc. if so thank you i would love to get that little extra out of it .

If you are inexperianced...DON'T OVERCLOCK! Read up on it. There are tons of good OC'ing guides and walkthroughs out there, find them. In-fact, there's one in this topic, at the top of the page. Read it.

"There is no shortcut to a good OC." - Another T-F member.

You have to go slowly, patiently, and carefully.

Now - your problem is probally RAM. Your FSB is trying to run faster than your RAM is capable of running. Set up a memory divider when you OC manually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom