Aurora: Rebirth (The Reconstruction of my trusty Desktop)

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh i wasn't joking about your rig with my first question, i really don't know what was considered high-end "back in the day".

i was joking about your rig with my second question though :p.

Lol, I like how "back in the day" is 2005. That's when this CPU initially came out. You want to talk about real old school, my first rig I build was a 1.8GH P-4, Abit (Who has since gone out of business...) IS7 E-2, 256mb of DDR1, and an Nvidia FX5600 Ultra, And a Super Flower 450W PSU.

well i didn't build it, but a while ago i had an old dell xps t500. it had a 500mhz p3, and using some parts a relative of mine had laying around i "upgraded" it to 768mb (or 512mb... idk) of ram, a 40gig hdd and a 6200 a-le. that was pretty old too i guess XD.

anyway...

now that i look at your pics again, i'm wondering, is it safe to just have the rad. just hanging from the rear like that?

now that i look at your pics again, i'm wondering, is it safe to just have the rad. just hanging from the rear like that?

Well it's been that way for the last 4 years so I assume so lol.

It's held in place with a gutted fan housing and some nice long bolts.

I right now have a intel .8ghz with 4 80gb hardrives and a nvidia 200fx (i believe it was) sitting in the hall. That thing is a dinosaur.

If 2005 is back in the day my cpu is an oldtimer too lol

I right now have a intel .8ghz with 4 80gb hardrives and a nvidia 200fx (i believe it was) sitting in the hall. That thing is a dinosaur.

If 2005 is back in the day my cpu is an oldtimer too lol

Well considering I joined TF in 2005, I'm gonna consider this processor to be more than a little long in tooth, but hey, I do what I can with what I've got.

Still waiting on D-tek at this point to get off his *** and make it possible for me to order the bracket I need to get this thing together, I just hope he doesn't charge me an arm and a leg for it...

Well I still haven't heard back from freaking D-tek, go figure... So I decided to run it air cooled in the interim. And it is now up and running again beautifully.

I'm presently charging my camera batteries but pictures to come shortly, I almost forgot how clean air cooled systems are compared to W/c ones...

It's so empty...

With my awesome WWI recruiting poster reprint.

up and running with no hdd? o_O

from that angle it looks pretty clean inside, or maybe it appears that way because of the black interior...

what case?

up and running with no hdd? o_O

from that angle it looks pretty clean inside, or maybe it appears that way because of the black interior...

what case?

Hahaha, I have the hard drive in a 5.25 to 3.5" converter heatsink to keep things looking tidy down below.

The case is the Gigabyte Aurora 570, a revision of the original which I also happen to own. As far as I'm aware it's no longer available :( wonderful case though...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom