Aurora: Rebirth (The Reconstruction of my trusty Desktop)

Status
Not open for further replies.

aspire

The Water Cooling Guru
Well it's been awhile since my desktop has been up and running. After selling my e6600 while it still had some value attached to it,and with my new laptop at the time, the rig has just been collecting dust for almost the last year and a half.

I just secured into my possession this beauty,

A once top of the line, Intel Pentium 4 3.4Ghz Chip. With my water cooling loop, this should prove to be quite a bit of fun...

This will be paired with my trusty Asus Maximus Formula X38 board, 4 Gigs of Corsair XMS DDR2, and my Gorgeous XFX 8800GT.

Both the CPU and GPU will continue to be cooled by my EK Supreme CPU Block and my D-tek GFX2 GPU block.

I'd like to try and further streamline my wiring and keep things nice and clean on the inside of the rig. Look forward to some periodic updates as time permits around my school schedule.

On the list of things to do tomorrow is to visit a specialty bolt store to find some prettier mounting hardware for my CPU block...

King Bolt Co - Covina, CA

Well after a trip to King Bolt and a rather expensive $9.50 spent!!! I now have Black Oxide coated Allen head bolts, New springs, and Shiny Brass thumb-nuts.

Still in the process of assembling the rig, but suffice to say I've pulled a lot of "stuff" out that won't be going back.

Pictures to follow shortly.

Well it looks like the project has come to a temporary standstill. I seem to have misplaced my D-tek GPU block mounting/back plates and only have the GTX200 series one.

Called D-tek and he said he'd add it to the site tonight but I've yet to see it there. Will probably call tomorrow and do a phone order.

Aside from that, the vast majority of actual guts are in the tower and it's just a matter of replacing my tubing runs and connecting it all up and then refilling the loop.

so this was top-of-the-line hardware back in the day huh?

are you gonna put a grill or like a mesh cover on the top fan, or are you planning to use this rig as a juicer too :p?.

so this was top-of-the-line hardware back in the day huh?

are you gonna put a grill or like a mesh cover on the top fan, or are you planning to use this rig as a juicer too :p?.

Hey now, it's not that low end... And the only reason I'm using the 8800gt is because My GTX280 crapped out on me and was made by a certain company that is no longer fulfilling their contractual lifetime warranty *COUGH* BFG *COUGH*...

I kind of like the open end fan on top just dont drop anything or stick your fingers in it by accident... or on purpose?

Lets just say that isn't my original 8800gt, the last one met its unfortunate demise when my glass of water mistook the fan hole for a drain...

Hey now, it's not that low end... And the only reason I'm using the 8800gt is because My GTX280 crapped out on me and was made by a certain company that is no longer fulfilling their contractual lifetime warranty *COUGH* BFG *COUGH*...

oh i wasn't joking about your rig with my first question, i really don't know what was considered high-end "back in the day".

i was joking about your rig with my second question though :p.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom