ATX or not :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrisgill369

In Runtime
Ive got a computer that was purchased in 1999 and its no in use anymore as my parents brought anohter the other day. Not long ago i was going to build a pc so i got a case then changed my mind lol.

What are the chances of the case from 1999 being atx? in other words, could i move everything from the old case to my modded one which is atx.

If i can do that well then i might build my own. The reason i changed my mind was becaue i thought i wouldnt be able to out it all together right.

Well it would help if you told us what kind of case it is. So i cant really say anything... But since its so old, why dont you just get a new one?

I built Socket A systems into a AT case, and it worked somehow, so you might be in luck, but it could also be just this case.

its an old ibm aptivia computer if that helps. I just wanted to have a little bit of practive really so if i mess up atleast i havent wasted loads of money on new parts lol. I think ill give it a go.

well ive had a look at it and it looks as if the motherboard will fit in. ther thing is, its currently using a 100w power supply and my case has a 450w power supply, will this matter? will it blow all the parts or something?

it won't, as long as the voltages are the same. 100w is very low, though. I am surprised it is that low. my PSU is 200w.

when you say aslong as the voltages are the same, do you mean both 240v yeah because they are.

also, is there an easy way to tell if my power supply in the case i want to move everything to is amd compatible?
the cpu in the old computer is an amd. Ive got a raidmax case with a raidmax power supply if that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom