attempting to OC my computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattd

Baseband Member
I went into BIOS and could not find exactly where to start OC my computer. I was looking for something with the abbreviation FSB but couldn't find anything. Could someone point me in the right direction.

if its a retail computer (HP, Compaq, Dell) you cant overclock form the BIOS, they lock those options out, about the only way to overclock is build your own computer because the BIOs is not cut short

COD2_fanatic said:
if its a retail computer (HP, Compaq, Dell) you cant overclock form the BIOS, they lock those options out, about the only way to overclock is build your own computer because the BIOs is not cut short

Or use Clockgen..if your motherboard is supported.

I bought it pre-made from future shop, AMD athlon with a gigabite motherboard. I will try to use clockgen.

just a question. say if the system bios is american megatrends r whatever, but the mobo is branded compaq, cant you go to the american megatrends website and get a generic bios for that board that has those options unlocked? o...one more thing. htf do u get into the bios on an emachines etower 366i r whatever it is

Forgive me if i'm wrong, but arent the Gigabyte boards strange and need ctrl+f1 or something to activate the options in the BIOS, it may be true for some boards, but not for the generic ones used by PC Manufacturers, i'm sure that Clockgen will work if you can get your right control unit!

Ruan

RGELLIS said:
Forgive me if i'm wrong, but arent the Gigabyte boards strange and need ctrl+f1 or something to activate the options in the BIOS, it may be true for some boards, but not for the generic ones used by PC Manufacturers, i'm sure that Clockgen will work if you can get your right control unit!

Ruan

All current Gigabyte motherboards need ctrl+F1 to unlock advanced options.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom