ATITool settings saves but...

Status
Not open for further replies.

peterhuang913

Retired.
...goes away when I restart.
I am trying to overclock with ATITool. The clock settings save but once I restart, they are back to default. Is there are catch to this?

...goes away when I restart.
I am trying to overclock with ATITool. The clock settings save but once I restart, they are back to default. Is there are catch to this?
step 1:
create a profile, then save the clock speeds to this profile

step 2: go to "settings", then "startup"

step 3: check the boxes, and select your profile.
I prefer to use "registry key" in the startup options, but this isn't as important

My ATITool still is set to start up at default speeds. Normally I select the profile speeds I have saved and click load. Then the current speeds change to the profile speeds. But since Yesterday they aren't loading.?

I searched and found this thread, gave it a try to load a saved profile at startup, but it still shows current clock speeds at stock. Why won't it load my saved oc'd speeds?

Edit:
When I manually raise the slider bars and click 'set clock', the slider bars drop back down to my stock speeds...?

Another thing that I'll be doing when I have time, probably on firday, is flashing my card's BIOS over to hight clock speeds. That way I will have no startup processes, or any programs or modified drivers or anything!

It's convenient, but if you're not safe it can be dangerous. But all you need is some ol' $20 PCI video card to flash the original BIOS back...

step 1:
create a profile, then save the clock speeds to this profile

step 2: go to "settings", then "startup"

step 3: check the boxes, and select your profile.
I prefer to use "registry key" in the startup options, but this isn't as important

thats exactly right

My ATITool still is set to start up at default speeds. Normally I select the profile speeds I have saved and click load. Then the current speeds change to the profile speeds. But since Yesterday they aren't loading.?

I searched and found this thread, gave it a try to load a saved profile at startup, but it still shows current clock speeds at stock. Why won't it load my saved oc'd speeds?

Edit:
When I manually raise the slider bars and click 'set clock', the slider bars drop back down to my stock speeds...?

when your in the startup option of settings enable the first option and choose what profil.
enable the 2nd option and choose registry key....pretty much the exact same thing as apok mentioned.

check msconfig to see if ati tool is on there.

when your in the startup option of settings enable the first option and choose what profil.
enable the 2nd option and choose registry key....pretty much the exact same thing as apok mentioned.

check msconfig to see if ati tool is on there.

I have my saved oc'd speeds set to load with the load on Windows start up via registry key. ATITool is set with start up under msconfig.
ATITool3.jpg

But, ATITool will not load the speeds to current clock. It remains at stock speeds.

Here is a picture of ATI Tool when first started. It shows current clock speeds as stock. It also shows my saved profile. Nvidia monitor confirms my GPU speeds.
ATITool1.jpg

Here is a picture of ATI Tool after I have selected 'Load' profile. Current speeds remain at stock, but profile has been loaded. Again, Nvidia monitor confirms the speeds.

ATITool2.jpg

hmm that is really wierd.
Try uninstalling/reinstalling ati tool.
Try a lower oc and see if it still acts up.

I uninstalled/reinstalled. It still wouldn't let me raise core clock above 600. I ran find max for core and memory again. Now I can't oc my GPU past 594/824 without getting artifacts. I don't know why. I have been able to run it at 695/855 up till now with no problems.

Is there a way to increase the volts to my GPU?

umm i would ask apok about that, he knows a lot more about that stuff.
I wouldnt recommend it though.

Maybe its your card...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom