AtiTool Discovery!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NosBoost300

I poop on the rug
okay.. i just found out about atitool.. and its amazing.... and i never knew you could change the voltage for an ati card from there... no idea that it wasnt locked!! so no need to volt mod.. which is awesome.. okay, this card already runs really dang hot...

there's a couple thigns i wanted to do with that being considered

1. i'm getting some as5 from my friend, so imma apply some of that to this card

2. thinking about getting the thermaltake tidewater... ya, its a piece of crap.. i know, but ist only 50 dollars

umm... i'm not liking number 2... hopefully i don't have to resort to that... anyway, i guess what i really want to ask is if there are any nice watercooling systems just for the gpu.. i want to take this x1900xt extremely far.. i mean x1950xtx far... which is pretty **** far.. so what would i be looking at for that... that is 2000mhz memory... which is really high.. so any help?

oh.. and keep in mind that i will go crossfire

Still, don't go crazy with voltages. Most GPU's are very sensitive to voltage adjustments.

I dont understand really voltmodding. I mean lets say, in my case, I have a x800gto with a crappy r430 core not made for oc'ing. Can just increasing the voltage give me that much higher oc's?

NosBoost300 said:
okay.. i just found out about atitool..

Someone's new to OCing... :D It's cool though. I browse XtremeSystems, and they've used ATITool since it's beta release.

I've been using atitool since my 9800pro, to my 7900GT :D.

Anyways you could just buy water cooling without a cpu block :freak: :confused: lol :D

Tidewater sucks, I would rather get no cooling then waste 50 bucks on that

Re: Re: AtiTool Discovery!

Snake-Eyes said:
Someone's new to OCing... :D It's cool though. I browse XtremeSystems, and they've used ATITool since it's beta release.

its not that i'm new .... just i've always overlooked ati tool and thought it was crap...

anywho.. ya, i've already thought about what you'be said pzero, just getting a gpu block and no cpu block.... if anyone would be so kind as to posting links so parts i may get... i won't settle for any premade ones like from thermaltake.. those suck balls! dunno why i even considered the tidewater...

Pepsiboy700 said:
I dont understand really voltmodding. I mean lets say, in my case, I have a x800gto with a crappy r430 core not made for oc'ing. Can just increasing the voltage give me that much higher oc's?

and yes... raising your voltage gives it added stability.. makes it able to go higher...

take cpu overclocking as an example, your raise the voltage to keep it stable at higher speeds..

same goes for the gpu, which is why people voltmod their 7900 gt.. it allows them to oc to extreme speeds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom